At SensiML, our mission is to help innovative product companies build smarter devices, better, and faster by providing the tools and intelligence necessary to truly transform their products.
SensiML is a leading AI software tools and solutions company targeting the emerging sector of TinyML – machine learning applied to ultra-low power IoT and embedded endpoints. Based in Portland, Oregon, SensiML spun-off from Intel Corporation in 2017 to pursue the broad market opportunity for AI in low-power microcontrollers, DSPs, and FPGAs and now counts Arm, Microchip Technologies, NXP, STMicro, and Silicon Labs amongst its rapidly growing list of ecosystem partners. We are seeking high performing technical leaders that can help continue growing SensiML’s product leadership in TinyML software and expand our ability to provide custom solutions to a broad array of customers seeking smart IoT capabilities.
As a SensiML Senior Data Scientist, you’ll be driving SensiML’s technical engagements with high-profile customers seeking machine learning application development and professional services. You will have the opportunity to lead cutting-edge customer projects spanning across consumer wearables, smart home, industrial process and equipment monitoring, and smart building products.
The successful candidate is an entrepreneurially-minded, detail-oriented, data science professional with demonstrated capability of solving real-world ML applications. A solid command of data science and applied machine learning are a must and experience with embedded programming and developer tools is strongly preferred. Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills are also important as success depends upon the ability to clearly convey solutions and guide customers, partners, and internal team members alike.
The qualified candidate will drive technical project engagements with strategic customers and partners as well as being member of the core product development team driving feature and functional priorities and influencing the software roadmap. Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead high touch customer engagements where SensiML professional services combined with use of the SensiML software is required to fulfill customer needs for specific Smart IoT applications
- Devise new algorithmic approaches and processing optimizations that expand SensiML’s market reach, ease-of-use, and competitive differentiation
- Develop and support machine learning proof-of-concept applications and demos using the SensiML software to showcase the capabilities of SensiML’s software across its target verticals
- Document and train customers on the use of the SensiML software, machine learning models, datasets, and demos
- Distill customer requirements into execution priorities and implementation plans
- Lead proof of concept, solution design, and demos to secure SensiML toolkit customer design-in
- Synthesize customer needs, feature gaps to improve software feature set and roadmap
- Master’s or PhD in computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, operations research, or other quantitative discipline
- Expertise in Python, deep learning AI frameworks such as TensorFlow and PyTorch, and mathematical modeling tools such as MATLAB, Mathematica, R, or similar software
- Demonstrated skills in applied machine learning with a minimum of 2 years of experience implementing ML/AI in real-world applications
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and comfortable presenting to and training customers
- Experience leading projects and teams through from problem formulation through execution
- Demonstrated experience in experiment design
- Demonstrated acumen to quickly understand customer’s system level target end-applications
- Demonstrated ability to document and publish concise and effective technical guides and documentation
- Development experience in C programming and AWS cloud computing
- Demonstrated knowledge of embedded system programming and interfacing is a plus
- Experience leading technical training sessions
- Experience with data acquisition systems, sensor data acquisition, test and measurement procedures and equipment, and signal processing concepts
SensiML, an independent subsidiary of QuickLogic (NASDAQ: QUIK), offers cutting-edge AutoML software tools empowering application developers to rapidly build smart IoT devices, transforming raw sensor data into autonomous meaningful insight. The company’s flagship solution, the SensiML Analytics Toolkit, provides an end-to-end development platform spanning data collection, labeling, algorithm and firmware auto generation, and testing. The SensiML Toolkit supports a broad array of Arm® Cortex®-M class and higher microcontroller cores, Intel® x86-based CPUs, and heterogeneous core SoCs like Quicklogic’s S3 platform with FPGA optimizations.