- Commercial AI code to be supportable products require transparent and flexible open
- Open connectivity and data protocols remove barriers to AI efforts
- SensiML offering open data protocols, AI code embedded library, datasets, and connectivity applications
PORTLAND, Ore. – May 10, 2021 – SensiMLTM Corporation, a leading developer of AI tools for building intelligent ( ) endpoints, today announced that it has launched an Open Source Initiative to accelerate the adoption of smart applications. The initiative builds upon SensiML’s existing efforts to design flexibility, transparency, and efficiency into its product suite by giving developers control and insight over vital aspects of their workflow, tools, data, and resulting models. SensiML’s Open Source Initiative is the next logical step in the company’s ongoing commitment to provide its embedded developers and partners with the confidence to build AI code into supportable, commercial products.
The Benefits offor Applications
Developers integrating AI into any commercial product need both explainable and adaptable AI code to be able to truly support their products. By publishing file formats, interface protocols, reference data handling applications, embeddedcode functions, and reference datasets in open-source, SensiML provides developers this flexibility and assurance. SensiML provides the insight needed to allow developers to maintain control of their data and firmware functionality while still leveraging all the power and benefits SensiML’s proprietary search engine technology to rapidly build optimized AI code for the edge.
Four NewIngredients for Model Creation
SensiML’s Open Source Initiative includes the introduction of four specific components for building AI at the edge:
- SensiML SensiML TestApp), as well as connectivity to cloud platforms and other endpoints. SensiML is an easy-to-adapt connectivity tool that can be extended and modified quickly as it is written in platform-agnostic code. Out of the box, the application can accommodate many different connection types and configurations. It also allows for easy customization as it can be tailored to meet user-specific needs for getting data out of the /embedded node and into AI software tools, cloudanalytics, and application code running on PCs and smartphones. – A fully open-source, user-extensible, multi-protocol application for connecting embedded devices to SensiML’s data collection tools for train and test data collection (SensiML and
- SensiML Open Data Interfaces – With support for both simple streaming binary output and full device command/control using MQTT-SN, SensiML’s application-level protocols for bringing data into its tools are published and available using open-source reference code examples. SensiML’s project data can be easily imported and exported as CSV data at any time, and device configurations are defined using a published format (.DCLI) based on readily edited attribute/value pairs.
- SensiML Open Mobile – This Android variant of the device testing tool is offered as to support flexible options for data testing in mobile settings.
- SensiML Open Source Embedded AI community at large to make available updates and platform specific optimizations over time. (coming later this summer) – The full library of SensiML segmenters, transforms, features, and classifiers as implemented by the and -based SensiML Analytics Toolkit Notebook will become available in open source format. The SensiML Open Source Embedded will provide full insight and transparency of model operation and leverage the collective expertise of our partners, users, and the embedded and
“Our industry-leading AI at the edge by removing two key barriers of unexplainable code behavior and unmodifiable firmware output from such tools.”development software for creating smart applications and devices uses technology to allow developers to leverage with or without data science expertise,” said , CEO of SensiML. “With the introduction of SensiML’s Open-Source Initiative, we are making it easier than ever for developersto adopt
The SensiML https://sensiml.com/blog/open-source-initiative., Open Data Interfaces, and Open Mobile tools are all available now. SensiML Open Source Embedded will be released later this summer. For more information, visit
SensiML, a subsidiary of QuickLogic (NASDAQ: QUIK), offers cutting-edge software that enables ultra-low power endpoints that implement AI to transform raw data into meaningful insight at the device itself. The company’s flagship solution, the SensiML Analytics Toolkit, provides an end-to-end development platform spanning data collection, labeling, algorithm and firmware auto generation, and testing. The SensiML Toolkit supports class and higher microcontroller cores, Intel® x86 instruction set processors, and heterogeneous core QuickLogic SoCs and QuickAI platforms with optimizations. For more information, visit sensiml.com.
SensiML is a trademark of SensiML. All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders and should be treated as such.