As a SensiML Software Sales Engineer, you’ll be a key player on the SensiML customer engagement team and part of a worldwide technical team composed of SensiML and parent company QuickLogic, providing premium support to SensiML machine learning IoT customers and their projects. You will drive demand creation and design-in activity at customer sites in close cooperation with the SensiML development and business team. You will provide technical skills & support to SensiML and QuickLogic sales staff and will work with the QuickLogic and SensiML hardware partner technical staff to identify issues, opportunities, and projects with SensiML customers. We will rely on upon you to deliver the SensiML value proposition in a persuasive and accurate manner in order to increase our software business and top line revenues.
As an Customer Applications Engineer you will work early leads towards active AI toolkit evaluation and work to drive conversion of early evaluation into ongoing SaaS subscription revenue and design wins for SensiML’s endpoint AI toolkit software. This will involve a combination of customer-oriented communication skills and technical problem solving to apply SensiML software and supported hardware and sensor technologies to address customer applications, diligent follow-up on customer evaluations, and resolution of any product issues that may arise in the customer’s system.
- Accountable to drive active customer lead conversion to active evaluations and evaluations into ongoing SaaS toolkit design wins in target accounts
- Qualify sales opportunities in terms of customer technical requirements and establish SensiML value proposition and positioning relative to the competition and substitutes
- Qualify the value of SensiML toolkit and quantifies the technical benefits derived from choosing SensiML over competing and substitute products
- Analyze customer’s technical objectives through use of relevant data gathering techniques enabling the sales team to be more predictive, effective and responsive to customer needs
- Lead proof of concept, solution design, and demos to secure SensiML toolkit customer design-in
- Assist in educating Field Sales Engineers on new technologies, new product features and their related business value
- Successfully build relationships with sales team members, business lines, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives
- Synthesize customer and competitive insights to improve software feature set and roadmap
- Direct SensiML sales/marketing campaigns to provide scalable customer activity and design-wins
- Assess and advocate for ecosystem solutions and partnerships where necessary to increase the SensiML addressable market
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 3 – 5 years of field application, software developer tools support, or embedded design experience
- Proven experience working on/offsite with customers to provide debug and technical support
- Knowledge in 32-bit/64-bit embedded software and hardware architectures
- Willing to travel up to 50%
- Experience in providing technical training to customers, internal sales staff and distributors
- Proven track record of quickly learning new technologies
- Demonstrated acumen to quickly understand customer’s system level target end-applications
- Willingness to engage and proven track record in both pre/post-sales customer support
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Strong customer presence.
- Demonstrated knowledge analog and digital sensor interfacing (both hardware and driver code) for SPI, I2S, I2C, and ADC I/Os
- Familiarity with evaluation board deployment, flashing, and enablement
- Experience and comprehension of basic concepts of machine learning highly preferred
- Proven experience in test engineering, sensor data acquisition, and signal processing concepts
SensiML believes the opportunity for IoT smart sensing devices to enrich our lives is only just beginning. Advances in miniaturized high-fidelity sensing enabled by MEMS technology and smartphone economies of scale continue to drive new groundbreaking capabilities to measure the world around us. The next big advance before us is the convergence of these low-cost rich-data sensors with ever more capable microcontrollers and the advent of vector and machine learning accelerators that will bring significant leaps in intelligence to rich data sensing devices.
As with nearly every advance in computing hardware, software development tools allowing programmers to fully tap these new capabilities are critical but all too often overlooked. SensiML is committed to the development and commercialization of a groundbreaking machine-learning developer tool suite that facilitates rapid creation of evolving, real-time embedded algorithms for a new generation of smart sensing Internet of Things and wearable computing devices.
The core team is composed of data scientists, developers, and managers formerly from Intel Corporation that set out to build a game-changing software development tool to simplify the complex problem of building AI algorithms for practical use in ultra low-power microcontroller applications as found in consumer IoT devices, industrial sensor endpoints, and wearables. In January 2019, SensiML was acquired by QuickLogic Corporation with a charter to continue its vision for simplifying AI algorithm development with powerful, platform-agnostic tools that make AI practical and useful by all developers on low-power embedded smart devices of nearly all capabilities.