We are looking for an experienced Full Stack Developer to join our team and contribute to SensiML’s vision of greatly simplifying sensor algorithm development for smart IoT devices. SensiML pioneered AI tools for the IoT edge bringing sophisticated AI to mainstream embedded developers across a broad range of industrial, consumer, wearable, and commercial sectors.
This role involves ongoing planning, design, development, piloting, implementation, and maintenance of our front and back-end AI SaaS service offerings. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated and can work well both independently and within a team. They are a self-starter eager to learn new technologies with a proven track record for deploying commercially robust and secure applications and providing great user experiences.
- Develop and maintain backend systems and web-based, front-end applications for SensiML’s AI development tool.
- Manage and maintain the data model and enforce database quality standards
- Develop and extend test coverage of existing codebases.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to ensure all customer requirements are met
- Support ongoing development for existing projects/applications
- Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans
- Identify opportunities to leverage new technologies to enhance SensiML AI service offerings
- Legally able to work in the US. Job location within the US is flexible but preference for either Portland metro or Silicon Valley-based candidates.
- Proven experience developing React and Redux front-end web applications with visualizations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Engineering or similar degree
- 7+ years’ experience developing and deploying end to end applications
- Demonstrated knowledge of good relational database design principles and experience building and deploying scalable database schema and technology
- Experience with Python programming, PostgreSQL, and Django
- Strong experience with test-driven development methodologies (ideally with experience with Jest and CypressIO)
- Familiarity with REST API and web service development
- Experience developing applications on cloud platforms (AWS)
- Experience working on Agile/SCRUM development teams
- Experience in plotly JS, Material UI is a plus
- Knowledge of IoT and wearables technology
- Experience in using user-centric design and applying User Experience concepts
SensiML believes the opportunity for IoT smart sensing devices to enrich our lives is only just beginning. Advances in low-cost, high-fidelity sensors continue to drive new groundbreaking smart IoT device capabilities to measure and provide insight for the world around us. The next big advance in AI and ML is the extreme edge, or so-called TinyML regime, that enables learning models on the billions of connected sensor endpoints that exist where the physical world meets the digital one. From smart wearables providing real-time coaching, intelligent adaptive home security sensors, to industrial equipment monitors that continuously look for process or maintenance faults, IoT edge AI has broad application promise in virtually all commercial sectors. As a part of the SensiML team, you will have the opportunity to work on these cutting-edge AI applications working with the team, our hardware partners, and customers.
The core SensiML team is composed of data scientists, developers, and managers formerly from Intel Corporation that set out to build a game-changing software development tool to simplify the complex problem of building AI algorithms for practical use in ultra-low-power microcontroller applications. SensiML is an established leader in edge AI having pioneered this technology since 2012 and now operating as an independent subsidiary of QuickLogic Corporation (Nasdaq: QUIK) a leader in ultra-low power heterogeneous open-source edge hardware solutions.